Users always need to be part of a profile to enforce the booking policies to the user's profile. In the article Default profiles and profile priority we explained what different profiles there are, and we explain profile priority. In this article we will explain how you can add users to Workspace Location/Quota profiles based on a CSV import. To recap, the priority is evaluated in the following order:
- Manual profile assignment (CSV-import or Individual assignment)
- Auto assignment rule
- Default profile
The following administrators are able to assign users to profiles:
- Subscription Owner
- Subscription Administrator
- Building Administrator
- Booking Administrator
A CSV import is used when you want to import a group of users into a certain profile. The CSV import works identically for workspace quota- and workspace location profiles. The CSV that needs to be imported consists of a (long) list of e-mail addresses. To import a CSV list follow this best practice (this example is with a Workspace quota profile, but can also be followed to add users to Workspace location profiles):
- Go to the Access >>Workspace quota profiles >> Edit >> Edit users
- It's advised to download the user list first by clicking on Download user list.
- If it's empty it's a perfect template to append e-mail addresses to, if it's filled already you can append users below the last e-mail address.
- When you have a CSV file ready to upload, click on Select .csv file >> Confirm >> Save.
Save your changes
After uploading your CSV-list, your change is indicated by an orange disc in front of the adjusted profile and before the Access tab. To finalize you need to press Save to finalize.
- A confirmation message is shown when the change is completed.
If you want to transfer a group of existing users to a different profile, the same steps can be performed. Mapiq recognizes if the e-mail address is already active in the profile, if not they are transferred to the new profile.
Managing your CSV file
When you download your CSV file via the Download user list option, a CSV file is obtained that contains one column of information. Column A contains a header called Email, with a list of e-mail addresses below the header. Note that this would be empty if no users were assigned this profile. In this example six users were in the profile. To add users simply append the e-mail addresses under the last entry. In this screenshot, from line 8 onwards. After appending and saving your CSV file, you're ready to import the CSV file by following the steps outlined in the previous chapter.
Users are not deleted
After removing users from the CSV file and uploading an empty CSV fill will not remove them from the profile. CSV imports only transfer or add users to the profile! A CSV file is evaluated based on email addresses. An unknown email address are added as a new user if an existing email address is encountered and is not already part of this profile, the user is transferred.
Upload order is important
When an email address accidentally exists in two CSV files that are uploaded in to different profile, the user is added into the profile where the latest CSV import took place. A short example, an email address exist in the CSV list that is imported to profile A, then the user is added to profile A. If afterwards a CSV import takes place for profile B that contains the exact email address previously imported, then the user is transferred to profile B. A user can only exist in one profile.
- Quota- and location profiles
- Default profiles and profile priority
- Setting up workspace quota profiles
- Setting up workspace location profiles
- Individually assign users to profiles
- Automatic user assignment