With the Mapiq App, you can see when your colleagues are in the office and find the best time for you to come as well. To help streamline your workday, Mapiq allows you to book a parking spot, so you are certain of having a spot when coming to the office.
Be aware that the parking functionality is an add-on to the Mapiq App. Depending on your organization's contract with Mapiq, this functionality might not be available to you within the app!
Make a parking reservation
Your administrators can create parking lots within the Mapiq environment and set the proper capacity of these parking lots. To make a parking reservation, you need to open up your daily overview.
To create a parking reservation it is mandatory to book a shift prior to booking it.
- Run through the normal booking flow and book a work spot (for reference on how to do so, check the Using Mapiqarticle.
- Now open the daily overview on the day you booked to come to the office. Click on Book a parking spot.
Be aware that your parking quota can be different from your quota to book a spot in the office! If you are only allowed to book a spot in the office twice a week, you can only book a parking spot twice a week, regardless of your parking quota. As you can only book a parking spot, if you have booked a spot in the office.
- All the parking lots linked to the building you booked your shift at are shown here. Select the desired parking lot, and if applicable the desired zone within the parking lot and Confirm booking to make your parking reservation.
There are some limitations you could run into that could make parking not available to you.
- A parking spot is only bookable when it is linked to a building. If there's no parking lot available in the building you booked a work spot at, you will see a greyed-out button when opening your daily overview.
- Administrators within your environment can set access the parking lots and 'potentially' the underlying zones, for the users. If your colleague books at an electric car spot, that does not automatically mean you can as well. Reach out to your local admins (Your profile >> Questions?) to get in touch with your local administrators.
- As shown in the screenshot you have a parking reservation quota. This quota is again set by your administrators. If you used all of your quota, you are not allowed to make another reservation for a parking spot for the rest of the week.
- Parking reservation quota is dependent on your booking quota. If your booking quota is less than your parking reservation quota, than you are still limited to the number of booking quota. Without a spot at the office a parking reservation is not possible.