Many corporate offices struggle with having limited parking space. For an employee, this can lead to a frustrating start to a workday. There is nothing more annoying than spending a long time finding a suitable spot, or even worse, having to park elsewhere due to a lack of space.
Within Mapiq you can set up your parking lot, allowing your end-user an effortless experience booking a parking spot and giving you proper insights in the perfectly balancing your parking capacity.
Parking lots can be created and managed by the following administrator roles:
- Subscription Administrators (Subscription Owners, automatically are assigned this role)
- Building Administrators
Parking is available as an add-on for customer that have a Premium or Enterprise contract. For more information on the possibilities on your contract, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Creating a parking lot
Within the Mapiq Admin Portal, a new tab Parking is visible for the administrators that are allowed to create and manage parking lots, for other administrator roles, this will remain hidden.
- Go to the Parking tab
- Click on + Add your first parking lot or in case it is not your first + Add parking lot1st parking lotAdditional parking lots
- In the menu that pops up you can set the following:
- Name of the parking lot
- Total capacity
- Total capacity of the parking lot
- Add a zone
- Zones can be used to indicate handicapped or electrical charging zones. Access to these zones can be set through Access >> Location profiles >> Parking location profiles. By setting a zone you the Total capacity is determined by summing the capacity of individual zones, setting a Total capacity will not be possible.
- Connected buildings
- Connecting a building to a parking lot sets the parking lot to the building's time zone and makes it available for the users working in the specific office.
- Open days
- Days in which the parking lot is open can be set. Note that the Open days are not linked to the opening days of a building. Parking lots can be used for multiple buildings. If there's a difference in opening days for the associated buildings the logic would fail.
- If after filling in the correct settings for your parking lot, you have two options. You can Save or Save & Publish your parking lot. By only saving it, it is not live yet. You can work on your parking lot on a later date. When you Save & Publish your parking lot, it will be live for your users.
It is possible to publish a building without linking a building to it. End-users are not able to see this published parking lot, only parking lots linked to a building are visible for end-users.
Editing a parking lot
Administrators are free to edit and adjust their parking lots. Administrators need to open the parking lot under the Parking tab. They can adjust the following items:
- Parking lot name
- Total capacity
- Connected buildings
- Open days
Note that by introducing changes to the parking lot you can introduce errors. Error message are shown to indicate the error and a short instruction on how to address it.
Deleting a parking lot
When deleting a parking lot the administrator is always warned and needs to confirm this is the desired action that they want to take. If reservations are active under the parking lot, they are cancelled upon deletion. To delete a parking lot follow these steps:
- Go to the Parking >> Building to delete;
- Open the menu and select Delete parking lot >> Delete.
Publishing, validations & errors
Once you are happy with your parking lot setup you can publish your parking lot. There are some things to be mindful of.
One of the big items was explained in the previous chapters. It is possible to publish a parking lot without linking it to a building, this means that it will not be visible to end-users. For this to work you will need to link a building to it first. Other items to take into consideration while publishing are:
- The parking lot has a unique name;
- Parking zones within the same parking lot have unique names. Parking zones can be reused in other parking lots;
- A parking lot name has a character limit of 32;
- A capacity limit for the parking lot (Total capacity and the sum of the zone capacity) of 10.000;
- Required fields are filled;
- Assigned buildings need to be in the same time zone.
In case Mapiq encounters an error running its validations the administrator is notified to take action. The error message explains the issue and gives a short explanation on how to solve it. Two important error messages are highlighted below.
|In case a building is deleted, a republish of the building is necessary to update the data. Users will not be impacted without this publishing action.||Administrators are notified that a parking lot is not visible to end-users when a building is not associated to a parking lot. The administrator is not prohibited from publishing.|
In case overcapacity is introduced, by decreasing the Total capacity in an active parking lot, Mapiq cancels reservations in order of last created. The cancellation takes place after publishing. Note that a notification towards the user is not yet part of the parking solution, this is a manual action.
The publishing state of a parking lot is visualized in the overview on the Parking tab. Under the Published column the different stages are shown.
- This state is shown when the parking lot is in draft and has not been published at all
- Unpublished changes
- When changes are introduced to a parking lot, but they are not published yet
- Date published
- The date when the parking lot was published. This state will remain as such as long as no changes are introduced, it will then change to Unpublished changes.
Check-out the articles below to learn how to set up parking profiles, manage your parking reservations or how it will look for end-users.