Thanks to the rise of hybrid meetings, most employees have gotten used to joining remote calls. But sometimes, in the office, there can be a lack of communication regarding which meetings are hybrid, fully remote, or fully in-person. In fact, hybrid meetings often fail when the organizer is not aware of attendees' locations. With our hybrid meetings solution and scheduling feature, you can schedule a meeting and, with a quick glance, see who will attend remotely or in person.
Within Mapiq, you can connect your work calendar. This is required if you want to be able to book a meeting room through. For more information on enabling your work calendar, see this article.
Currently, only users with O365 can use this feature. The Google integration will be released later.
Schedule a meeting
- Open your day overview by clicking on the day you would like to schedule a meeting for.
- You can now schedule a meeting in the overview by clicking on the New event button.
- You can now fill in the event details and invite your connections and colleagues. A benefit of inviting active colleagues is that you can see whether they're in the office that day based on their shift information.
- Set a Title for the meeting. This field is mandatory, and if it's not filled in, you will not be able to create an event the button will be greyed out.
- Fill in a Message (optional) to describe what the meeting is about. It is not possible to add custom formatting or links here.
- Add Attendees to your meeting, either by selecting active connections, inviting colleagues (who are not in your connections list), or inviting external members by adding their email addresses. If the e-mail address of the attendee is invalid (e.g. incorrect format) then an error is given to correct the e-mail address.
- If you want to have the meeting online check the button next to Create online meeting link.
- Set a Duration of the meeting.
- Finally, select a suggested Room you would like to add to the event.
A new event without details. Creating an event is not possible due to a lack of Title. Add a Message invite Attendees and add a meeting link. Set the appropriate Duration of the meeting and select a suggested Room.
A Room is added through suggestion. Suggestions work, based on the following:
- The meeting room is registered in Mapiq by the administrators of your environment.
- The meeting room is available for the selected time slot.
- The user booking the room is eligible to book within the building based on their location profile.
- Future dates can be suggested (14 days ahead and a maximum of 10 suggestions).