Why can't I book, edit or delete my shift?
Occasionally you make a mistake in booking your shift or something blocks you from going to the office, and you want to delete or edit your shift. However, when opening the Office Shifts app, you find that you're unable to do so, same for when you try to create a book. Trying to do so results in the error message shown below.
How come? What is preventing you from editing or removing your shift.
The error messages already give you part of the answer. You are not allowed to edit or delete your registration of the current day. This has to do with the set Booking policy. Administrators within your organization have three booking policy options:
- Book and delete bookings, even on the current day.
- Bookings are collected until midnight. Bookings cannot be deleted after the day has started.
- Bookings can be created on the current day, but cannot be deleted on the current day.
Depending on the booking policy chosen by your administrators, you might be unable to edit or remove your booking. Administrators carefully determine what is most suitable to your organization.
It was mentioned earlier, but it is very important to remember that the administrators configuring Office Shifts are appointed within your own organization. Meaning that Mapiq appoints a Subscription Administrator from your organization, who can appoint different administrators within the organization, to help configure your Office Shifts application. This also means that Mapiq has no say in the configuration active within your organization. We only provide support in configuring the environment.
To delete or edit your booking, you will need to reach out to the administrators within your organization. If you have no idea who to contact, you can use either of the two options below:
- Contact the e-mail address listed under Questions? under Your Profile (right top corner through the web interface, bottom right corner through the mobile app). Mind you, that you can also see an overview of all your permissions within Office Shifts.
- In case no e-mail address is listed (it's not mandatory), get in touch with your local IT or facility desk. Usually, these are the colleagues within your organization who can direct you to the correct person.