- What can you do
- Add a new user in Office Shifts
- Register a guest in Office Shifts
- Managing shifts & book on behalf of a guest or user
- What permissions are needed to register a new user or guest
What can you do
- Book a shift for guests.
- Register external people as guests (e.g. contractors or company visitors).
- Add new users to Offices Shifts.
- Shifts can be booked regardless of quota or location profiles, up to 4 weeks ahead.
- Delete booked shifts on behalf of guests and new users.
- E-mail an overview of booked shifts to the users who you booked for.
- E-mail a single confirmation about a visit.
Registering a new user or guest
Add a new user in Office Shifts
- Go to the People tab.
- Click + Add user
- A new page opens where you can add the new user email address (mandatory), and select the quota and location profiles (optional).
- If you fill in an e-mail domain that’s not configured in your environment, a warning message saying that the domain is not recognized, is shown. Regardless of the warning, you can still add the user. Mapiq uses email addresses to identify users. If this person logs in using a different email address than the one you register, we won't be able to link them to the created account. Mapiq will automatically create a new user instead.
- By clicking Add user at the bottom you created a new user.
- The new user is visible under Users in the People tab.
- A shift overview opens where you as an administrator can book the shifts up to 4 weeks in advance on behalf of the new user.
If you would like to book, delete, send an email overview of created bookings, or send an email about a single shift, please find it here: How to book on behalf of someone else.
Register a guest in Office Shifts
- Log in to the admin portal, https://shifts.mapiq.com/admin
- Go to the People tab.
- Click + Register Guest.
- A new page opens where you can add the visitor’s email (which is mandatory), first and last name, phone, and Company (that are optional).
- After completing the visitor information, you can click Register guest at the bottom.
- The guest is visible under Guests in the People tab, and receives the default quota and location profile.
- A shift overview opens where you as an administrator can book shifts up to 4 weeks in advance on behalf of the guest.
A guest remains active for 30 days after the last booking, or the creation date if no bookings have been made. If no new reservations are made within 30 days , the guest will automatically be deleted.
Managing shifts & book on behalf of a guest or user
In the Shifts tab you have an overview of the shifts booked per day. You will see the column Account, where it is specified if a booking has been made for a guest or user (active or inactive) account. The maker of the booking is showed in the Creator column.
Once you’ve created a user or guest you can also book shifts on behalf of them. By doing so, the guests or new users are considered in the building capacity count. If you would like to book, delete, send an email overview of created bookings, or send an email about a single shift please find it here: How to book on behalf of someone else.
What permissions are needed to register a new user or guest
Accessing the Manager Portal
- You should have an administrator account to be able to access the manager.
- When your account is assigned as an administrator, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com.
- Go to shifts.mapiq.com/admin to access the Mapiq's Office Shifts Manager in your browser. Sign in if you haven't done so already.
If you get a message saying you don't have sufficient rights, try logging in and out. If this doesn't solve the issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get User Profile Administrator permissions
User Profile Administrator permissions are needed to book on behalf of another user. The functionality is also accessible for Building administrators. Building administrators are allowed to request new permissions for administrators. If you are unaware if you have the proper permissions, or you know you don't have them, get in touch with your local Building Administrator.
Unsure who your Building Administrator is? If configured, you can find an email address to contact under Your Profile on the top right corner of the Office Shifts application.