Adding users can be done through multiple ways in Mapiq. Next to bulk imports through a CSV-file or automatic creation upon sign in, it is also possible to create an individual account you might've missed. Next to users, you might also want to book a workspace for guests that will visit your workplace. In this article, we'll go over how you can create new users, guests and how you can manage their bookings.
The following administrator roles can register new users and guests:
- Subscription Owner
- Subscription Administrator
- Building Administrator
- Booking Administrator
- Booking Assistant (manage bookings only)
Add a new user in Mapiq
Go to the People tab.
- Click + Add user
- A new page opens where you can add the new user email address (mandatory), and select the quota and location profiles (optional).
- If you fill in an e-mail domain that’s not configured in your environment, a warning message saying that the domain is not recognized, is shown. Regardless of the warning, you can still add the user. Mapiq uses email addresses to identify users. If this person logs in using a different email address than the one you register, we won't be able to link them to the created account. Mapiq will automatically create a new user instead.
- By clicking Add user at the bottom you created a new user.
- The new user is visible under Users in the People tab.
- A booking overview opens where you as an administrator can book make bookings up to 4 weeks in advance on behalf of the new user.
If you would like to book, delete, send an email overview of created bookings, or send an email about a single booking, please find it here: How to book on behalf of someone else.
Register a guest in Mapiq
Log in to the admin portal, https://admin.mapiq.com
- Go to the People>>+ Register Guest.
- A new page opens where you can add the visitor’s email (which is mandatory), first and last name, phone, and Company (that are optional).
- After completing the visitor information, you can click Register guest at the bottom.
- The guest is visible under Guests in the People tab, and receives the default quota and location profile.
- A booking overview opens where you as an administrator can make a booking up to 4 weeks in advance on behalf of the guest.
A guest remains active for 30 days after the last booking, or the creation date if no bookings have been made. If no new reservations are made within 30 days , the guest will automatically be deleted.
Managing bookings & book on behalf of a guest or user
In the Bookings tab you have an overview of the bookings per day. You will see the column Account, where it is specified if a booking has been made for a guest or user (active or inactive) account. The maker of the booking is showed in the Creator column.
Once you’ve created a user or guest you can also book a workspace on behalf of them. By doing so, the guests or new users are considered in the building capacity count. If you would like to book, delete, send an email overview of created bookings, or send an email about a single booking please find it here: How to book on behalf of someone else.