As a user profile administrator you are responsible for the planning of groups of employees. With this role you gain access to the Office Shifts Manager in which you can assign users to the already created access profiles.
|Accessing the Manager|
|What can you do|
|Assigning users to access profiles|
Accessing the Manager
- You’ll receive an email from email@example.com when your account is assigned as a shift administrator.
- Go to shifts.mapiq.com to access Mapiq's Office Shifts in your browser. If you were already logged in before the administrator permissions were granted, logout first. Then login like you normally would. The logout ensures your permissions to activate.
- Click the link ‘Go to Office Shifts Manager’ on the top of the page or navigate to shifts.mapiq.com/admin.
What can you do
- See an overview of the buildings, access profiles, users and shifts on the ‘Home’ tab.
- See the booked shifts on the ‘Shifts’ tab and delete shifts.
- See all users who have logged in or are imported on the ‘Users’ tab, and edit users.
- See all the access profiles that are set up, and batch assign users to these access profiles.
Assigning users to access profiles
New users will automatically be assigned to the default access profile. If you want to edit the access profile of a user, there’s two ways to do that. Use batch import to make bulk adjustments to groups of users, or edit individual users.
Batch import and export
In the 'Access' tab, you can see all access profiles and how many users are in a specific access profile. You can import a list of users to a specific access profile. Importing can only be done by uploading a .csv file that only contains email addresses. A .csv file can easily be exported from Excel, or can come from any other source like your user directory.
When an imported user hasn’t logged in yet, they will automatically receive the right access profile upon first login. Until that time the user will appear in the 'Users' tab with only their email address.
For your reference, you can also export a list of users per access profile.
In the ‘Users’ tab, you can find an overview of all of the users with access to the buildings (employees first need to sign in before appearing in the list). Here you can search for the user, select them and change their profile.
Deleting a user can only be done when you use self-sign up. When using SSO, users need to be deleted from your own directory.
In the 'Shifts tab, you can view the booked shifts per day. You can select a day and scroll down the list, or search for specific users. As a user profile administrator you can also delete shifts. The user will not be notified automatically when you delete a shift, so it’s a good idea to inform them about it over email.
Want a PDF version of this article? It's attached below!