Which answers can you find here
- I lost my password, what do I do?
- I can't log in, what do I do?
- How do I use the 3D map?
- How do I log in on my phone?
- Why is there a 2D map only on my phone?
- How does Mapiq know my credentials?
Couldn't find your answer? please contact your company's servicedesk.
This article is relevant to:
- Mapiq web
- Don't know which interface you have? Check out this article.
If you have the following solutions:
- Solution depends on the question
- Don't know which solution you have? Check out this article.
Because Mapiq is custom made to fit your situation best, some parts of this page can not be 1 on 1 applicable to situation. Therefore this article gives you basic instructions and generalized information but can differ from the actual situation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I lost my password, what do I do?
Because Mapiq provides you access via Single Sign On (SSO), Mapiq does not have your password. If you forgot your password you can visit your companies service desk for a solution.
I can't log in, what is wrong?
When you can't log in you can follow the process underneath to find an answer:
- Firstly, make sure that your credentials (username and password) are correct.
- Then verify whether you need to add pre- or suffixes such as your email domain (for example '@companyname.com') to your username.
- If this does not solve the problem, it is wise to contact your IT department to ask for the status of your SSO services.
- If all else fails, send us an email and inform us about your problem. We will do a final check to see whether the Mapiq service is up and running correctly, and get back to you.
How do I use the 3D map?
Basically the 3D map is a digital representation of your office. In the top left side you can find a column with the floor numbers. You can control the map as follows:
On your desktop with a mouse:
- With your left mouse button you can move the Map. Click on an area in the model and move your mouse. The map will move along.
- Using your right mouse button you can spin the map. Click somewhere in the model and move your mouse. The map will rotate.
- With your scroll wheel you can zoom the map. The more you zoom, the more details are displayed.
On a touch screen:
- With one finger you can move the map
- Using two fingers you can zoom (move your fingers towards each other to zoom in, and away from each other to zoom out).
- You can rotate the map using two fingers and spin them (pinch-zoom).
For more information, see the 'getting comfortable using Mapiq' section.
How can I use Mapiq web on my phone
You can find Mapiq web easily following the next steps:
- Open your browser
- Visit your companies URL ( mostly https://'companyname'.mapiq.net)
- Log in with your company credentials
- Bookmark this page on your phone:
- On IOS, tap the buttom of your browser and select 'add to homescreen'.
- On Android press the menu button in your navigation bar and find the option to place the link on your homescreen in the dropdown menu
For more information about logging in, see the 'Using Mapiq Web' section.,
Why does the Mapiq app not show me a 3D map?
Browsers on your mobile phone do not support heavy 3D visualizations, therefore we opted for a lighter 2D map to use on your phone. This map is less complex and easier to search through on your phone.
For more information about the mobile interface of Mapiq Web, see the 'getting comfortable using Mapiq' section.
How does Mapiq know my companies credentials?
To make sure that your log in experience is as smooth as possible Mapiq makes it possible to use your personal company credentials. This makes sure you don't need to make a new account or other credentials that you are already used to. This is called Single Sign On. Off course this is all save.