Which answers can you find here
- Where can I find suggestion based roombooking?
- How does suggestion based roombooking work?
- Which specifications are used for room suggestions?
This article is relevant to:
If you have the following interface(s):
- Mapiq Web interface
- Don't know which interface you have? Check out this article.
If you have the following solutions:
- Meetings with visibility of the Bookings tab
- Don't know which solution you have? Check out this article.
Because Mapiq is custom made to fit your situation, some parts of this page can not be 1 on 1 applicable to your situation. Therefore this article gives you basic instructions and generalized information but can differ from the actual situation.
Videos have been made to guide the customer through Mapiq, however, recently Mapiq has published a restyle of our environments. This only impacts the visuals of the video, not the functionality. By following the video the same result is accomplished, regardless of the restyle. To remind visitors of this page of this fact an asterisk (*) is added.
Mapiq room suggestion
When using 'Suggestion based roombooking,' Mapiq will try to provide you with the perfect room based on your whishes. If the perfect room is not available it helps you with rooms that nearly fit your criteria. You can access suggestion based roombooking in the 'Booking' tab.
Video: How to use suggestion based booking*
Explanation: How to use suggestion based booking
To use suggestion based room booking take the following steps:
Step 1: Start your booking
Go to the booking tab and click the blue button 'Add Booking'
NOTE: this button is also found at the bottom of the page, in case you have already made some reservations. In that case the reservations will be shown here.
Step 2: Select your meeting criteria:
Now you can select the criteria for your meeting.. The criteria are:
- The duration of your meeting (blue rectangle). Drag the triangles adjacent to the solid blue rectangle to shorten or increase the duration.
- Number of people (red rectangle). Rooms are already categorized based on capacity.
- The day the meeting is going to take places (green rectangle). Press the back arrows to see all the bookings in the past (booking in the past is usually disabled), press the forward arrow to book a day ahead or press the calendar to select a day to book a room.
- The preferable time slot in which you want to start your meeting (blue rectangle). Click and hold the solid blue rectangle. By dragging it sideways you can adjust it to your preferred timeslot.
Note: the criteria will be the same, the specific choices are also determined based on your companies demands.
Step 3: Select your room
The list of a maximum of 10 suggestions can be divided in the following categories:
- Perfect matches - the suggestions which match your criteria perfectly
- Possible alternatives, suggestions with small adjustments to your criteria. The adjusted criteria are highlighted.
Note: if there are only perfect matches, possible alternatives are not shown.
Book this room
For instructions how to book this room, check the 'Make a booking in Mapiq Web' article.