Which answers can you find here
- Why can't I book a room in advance?
- Why can't I select a specific duration of my meeting?
- Why can't I book a specific room?
- How many bookings are left on my quotum?
- Can I see who has booked the room before me?
- Can I contact the one who booked the room before if he / she doesn't show up?
- Is there a projector or other equipment in the room?
- Where can I see my bookings?
- How can I find a bookable space?
- How do I book a room?
- How can I remove a booking?
- When I've manually checked into a room, when will I be checked out?
Couldn't find your answer? please contact your company's servicedesk.
This article is relevant to:
- Mapiq web
- Don't know which interface you have? Check out this article.
If you have the following solutions:
- With booking solution - can you book rooms?
- Don't know which solution you have? Check out this article.
Because Mapiq is custom made to fit your situation best, some parts of this page can not be 1 on 1 applicable to situation. Therefore this article gives you basic instructions and generalized information but can differ from the actual situation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why can't I book a room a few days in advance?
Your employer determines how far in advance your room can be booked.
Why can't I select a specific duration of my meeting?
Your employer determines the minimal and maximal duration of your meeting.
Why can't I book a specific room?
When you're not able to book a room, the cause can be one of three things:
- Firstly, you must be logged in to reserve a room.
- Secondly, you must be entitled to reserve the room you are trying to reserve.
- Lastly, your employer has set a number of rules regarding the minimum and maximum duration of a reservation. This also concerns the amount of reservations you can make and how far in advance you can book a room.
If none of the above is the case, you can contact your companies servicedesk or let us now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many bookings are left on my quota?
In some cases, mostly at Universities, a quotum is set for the cumulative amount of time you can book a room. If you try to book a meeting which exceeds your quota, Mapiq will let you know. If you have any questions regarding your quota, please contact your servicedesk.
Can I see who has booked the room before me?
This is determined by your employer. However, you cannot see any contact information of the person who has booked a room prior to your reservation via Mapiq. If you want to contact someone about his or her reservation, please do so in person. You can however, if available, see the room agenda. This agenda will be sorted from now to the future.
For more information, check the 'Room details page' article.
Can I contact the one who booked the room before if he / she doesn't show up?
In some cases you can see who has booked the room before you (this is determined by your employer). His / her contact details are normally not shown in Mapiq, so you can better reach out outside of Mapiq. In some cases you can search for him / her in the 'People' tab. By clicking on that person in most cases an emailaddress is visible which you can use to contact him / her.
Is there a projector or other equipment available in the room I have booked?
When selecting a room to book, you can click the "Description" heading to see if there are any facilities available in the room.
For more information, check the Room details page' article.
Where can I see my bookings?
You can easily find your bookings following the following steps:
- Select the 'Booking' tab
- Here you'll find an overview of your bookings
- Click the grey 'room name' button to get to the room details page
For more information, check the 'Find your own bookings' section.
How do I find a bookable space?
You can easily book a room with the following steps:
- Click the 'Book a room' menu item
- Select your time slot (little triangles) and preferred time to start your meeting
- Select a room which is available
- Book the room
For more information about this topic an all the different ways to book a room, see the 'Find a place to meet' section.
How do I book a room?
If you have selected a room, a time period and start time you can book the room by following the next steps:
- Click the 'book' button
- Optionally fill in your preferences of the meeting
- Submit your booking
- Your booking is submitted to your calendar as well.
NOTE: if you don't see a 'book' button then or the room is not bookable or booking is not available for your company
For more information about making a booking, check the 'Make a booking in Mapiq' article.
For more information about finding available rooms, see the 'Find a place to meet' section.
How can I remove a booking?
You can easily remove a booking by following the next steps:
- Go to the 'bookings' tab in the menu where your reservations are shown
- Locate the booking you would like to remove
- Click the green 'pencil' button
- Click the orange 'trash can' button to delete your booking
For more detailed information check the 'Find your own bookings' section.
When I've manually checked into a room, when will I be checked out?
If you've manually checked in to a room, your colleagues would appreciate it if you log out when you leave the room. If you unfortunately forget to check out, Mapiq will check you out at the end of the day or when you log out ('Your info'- tab)
For information on location services, see the 'find your colleagues' section.